Top-performing media designer with a proven track record of achievement in logo design, motion graphics, video editing, pre-press, and web development for various agencies and in-house design teams. Creative visionary who sees the big picture of marketing and promotional campaigns, while operating within a budget, working through roadblocks, and meeting deadlines. Goal-oriented mentor and manager of a multi-million dollar organization’s 75-member team. Collaborative team member with exemplary interpersonal skills, which are used to explain the ‘why’ behind an idea and build strategic relationships. Self-motivated educator who excels at taking control of an idea and organizing thoughts into oral and written communications to inspire and train others.
Areas of expertise
Visual & Communications Design
Audition, AfterEffects, Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Motion, Photoshop, WordPress
Digital Designer // E*TRADE Financial Corporation // New York, NY // 2015-present
Seasoned in-house graphic designer responsible for production of digital signage content, web banners, email newsletters, press releases, timely social media graphics, and corporate event collateral. Designed posters to educate internal audiences on E*TRADE’s new commercials and integrated marketing campaign. Developed bullet-proof process for obtaining feedback and approvals, ensuring work is completed ahead of tight deadlines.
- Creates social media graphics that over a quarter, resulted in 35% increase in conversions.
- Video production company of one. Works with various departments and leads other designers to create compelling videos for web, internal, and marketing use resulting in, on average, two short videos a month.
- Improved production process to reduce turnaround times on design projects from approximately a week to less than 2 days.
- Instrumental in evolving brand guidelines through research of design trends and the changing financial industry.
Media Designer // Benjamin Irwin // New York, NY // 2010-present
Sell original work direct to consumers through eCommerce website and promote via social media. Collaborate with various agencies and in-house design teams on custom video production and digital, web, and pre-press projects. Execute all aspects of creative services, including conceptualizing, animation, motion graphics, video editing, and graphic design.
- Used knowledge of design trends and internet culture to increase sales 400%, year-over-year.
- Managed production, inventory, and order fulfillment of products sold through online channels.
- Guided others designers to come up with creative ideas quickly and efficiently.
- Notable work: Web developer at Adayana Government Group, guest lecturer at Penn State Lehigh Valley.
Trainer & Technician // Apple Inc. // Whitehall, PA // 2012-2015
Repaired over 7,000 customer relationships by triaging a wide variety of software and hardware issues. Inspire more than 400 adult learners to get the most out of software such as OS X, iWork, Final Cut Pro, and Motion.
- Contributed to the ongoing training and development of the store and market’s technicians and employees.
- Acted as support leader; coordinated appointments so customers are seen on-time while providing resources to the team.
Master of Fine Arts, Media Design // 2014
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
Bachelor of Science, Instrumental // 2008
Pennsylvania State University, Centre County, PA
- One of 250 students selected to participate in the University’s Annual Leadership Conference
- Internship: The Walt Disney World Resort, 2006
- Valedictorian, Full Sail University
- Advanced Achievement Award, Full Sail University
- Designing Brand Identity Course Director’s Award, Full Sail University
AIGA New York